Organization in your home is extremely important, but a lot of homeowner’s struggle with how to do it, how to keep up with it, what to buy, etc. There is an overwhelming amount of options due to the power of social media and consumers being able to post their favorite items to use in their homes.
Here are a few simple tips from The Sally Awad Group to help with organizing your Kitchen:
1.Keep a clean fridge and pantry. Making sure you are consistently cleaning out your refrigerator (and pantry) is an important way to stay organized in the kitchen. This also lets you to see what ingredients you have or need. It can also be a great indicator of what tools in the kitchen you will need readily available. Keep your foods organized, use the First-In, First Out (FIFO) method on items, and don’t forget to add that open box of baking soda to ensure the freshest fridge!
2. Invest in some good organization tools. This could be in the form of drawers, cabinets, wall space, pantry, etc. Here is an extensive list from House Beautiful with 30 great kitchen organization tools.
- Drawers and Cabinets: There are some great drawer caddies for silverware and other cooking utensils. Additionally, the pots and pans drawers/cabinet can sometimes be the biggest pain to keep organized. Items like this Expandable Cookware Organizer allows you to gain additional space and keep things in order. Finally, anything that lets you stack, like this Expandable Cabinet Shelf, can get rid of empty air space to store more items.
- Wall Space: You can utilize hooks to hang utensils, pots, pans, and lids to keep them up and out of the way. This way, they are readily available while cooking and can even be a creative way to decorate empty wall space in the kitchen!
- Pantry: Buckets and baskets are a great way to compartmentalize items by type. Another great way to organize is to use clear containers for food, baking supplies, etc. This allows you to see what you have and know when it’s time to restock. Most of the clear containers are airtight so it will also keep the foods fresher longer.
3. Pick a system that works for you. There are multiple theories on how to organize kitchens and what items should go where. The most important part is to pick a system that works for you and your layout. This could be making sure your most used items are closest to you or that items are categorized into specific drawers and cabinets. Picking something that you know works for you will motivate you into keeping up with it.
These tips should help in keeping your items fresh and your cookware readily available. The Sally Awad Group cares about its homeowners and wants you to have the best organization to keep a clean and healthy home. Stay tuned for more from The Sally Awad Group, as we explore other rooms of the house, for some great Home Organization tips!